Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Minute Musings...Beyond Blessed

We live in the "I want" generation.  Kids are being raised with a "give me", "I deserve"
attitude.  One of the obvious problems with this is that they will never learn to be happy
with what they already are blessed with.  Unfortunately this mind set will go with them
into adulthood.  These are the people who always want bigger and better.  No house is ever
big enough;  car lavish enough; clothes highended enough;  schools exclusive enough; 
possessions expensive enough;  and sadly spouses not rich or pretty enough.  Everything
is based on eye appeal.  What they fail to realize is that all these things fade with the years. 
They are looking for true happiness in "things."


A child of God knows that true happiness will never come from worldly possessions.  You
hear all the time, "If I only had _____ I would be happy!"  However that is not true, in time
you will end up with something faded and worn, and you will constantly crave even more. 

Instead of focusing on what you think you want or need, focus on what you already have in
Christ!
We have a Savior!  Matthew 1:21  "And she shall bring forth a Son, and thou shalt
call His name JESUS;  for He shall save His people from their sins."

We have eternal life!  John 10:27 & 28  "My sheep hear my voice and I know them,
and they follow me;  And I give unto them eternal life:  and they shall never perish,
neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."

Jesus is coming again!  John 14:2 & 3  "In my Father's house are many mansions;
if it were not so, I would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I
go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself;
that where I am, there ye may be also."

God's promised peace!  John 14:27  "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto
you;  not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled,
neither let it be afraid."

We have the gift of salvation!  Romans 6:23  "For the wages of sin is death;  but
the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

God's comfort!  2 Corinthians 1:4a  "Who comforteth us in all our tribulation,"

We have liberty in Christ!  Galatians 5:1  "Stand fast therefore in the liberty
wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke
of bondage."

God's promised provision!  Philippians 4:19  "But my God shall supply all your
need (not wants!) according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus."

We have God's promised faithfulness!  1 Thessalonians 5:24  "Faithful is He that
calleth you, Who also will do it."

God's promised wisdom!  James 1:5  "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of
God, that giveth to all men liberally, and unbraideth not:  and it shall be given
him."

We have the love of God!  1 John 1:16  "Hereby perceive we the love of God,
because He laid down His life for us:"

This is by far an incomplete list of God's blessings...in fact His blessings are like the
stars in the heavens or the sands upon the shores;  we cannot begin to fathom all that
God has bestowed upon His children.  So why is it then that we become so dissatisfied
and unhappy in this life?  It is because we take our eyes off of our blessed Savior and
start looking at this world, and before long we start longing for the perverted images of
happiness that it shows us.  We see this illustrated in the story of the prodigal son found
in Luke 15:11 - 24.  This young man had everything he could want in his father's home.
But greed took over, he demanded his inheritance and left.  For a while the world
entertained and satisfied him, but soon his fortune was gone, friends left, and he found
himself alone, hungry and looking after pigs.  His greed had brought him to ruin.  The
world had enticed him...and then forsaken him. 



Keep your eyes fixed solely on your Heavenly Father and His blessed promises.  There
is a childrens chorus that goes like this;  "Every promise in the book is mine, every
chapter every verse, every line.  All the blessings of His love divine;  every promise in
the book is mine."  Remember you are beyond blessed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJursNxC63o&list=PL4A9D6307D83E8FFC&index=4

 



No comments:

Post a Comment