Monday, February 16, 2015

Minute Musings...Family Day

Today in is a provincial holiday in Ontario known as Family Day.  It's a day to celebrate
our families, to spend time with them, making memories that we will cherish for years to
come.  A little while ago I had a knock at my door, and I got to spend some wonderful
time with my dear son, his sweet wife and my precious 15 month old grandson.  My heart
feels warmed, bursting with love for this family that God has blessed me with!  After they
left, I started thinking about my other family, the family of God.  How blessed I am for
the brothers and sisters in Christ I have all around the world.  I am so thankful for my
loving Heavenly Father who adopted me into this amazing family, and I stopped to tell
Him so.  As thrilled as I was to hear the voices of my family, God is even more happy to
hear the voices of His children!

Psalms 5:3  "My voice shalt Thou hear in the morning, O LORD:  in the morning
will I direct my prayer unto Thee, and will look up."

Our God loves for us to spend time with Him, He desires our fellowship, communion
and worship.  As His child, it should be our desire to be in His presence as well.  How
heartbreaking it is to hear of children who have gone off into the world, forgetting their
parents.  These people, who cared for them, sacrificed for them and loved them are now
forsaken by the very ones whom they would lay down their lives for. (I am of course only
speaking of parents who truly love their children, not those who abuse and neglect.)  The
anguish would be overwhelming for these dear folks, who long to hear the voice of their
precious child.  But don't we treat our Heavenly Father in the same thoughtless way? 
Sometimes days, perhaps weeks go by without time spent in prayer with the One who loves
us like no other.  He silently, patiently waits for His child to remember Him.

Have you spent time with your Abba (daddy) today?  He longs for your voice, for your
presence, don't keep Him waiting!

Psalms 29:2  "Give unto the LORD the glory due unto His name:  worship the
LORD in the beauty of holiness."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUQeEEVj92s

Father I Adore You
 
Father, I adore you,
Lay my life before you,
How I love you.
 
Spirit, I adore you,
Lay my life before you,
How I love you.
 
                                                                (Matt Brower)
 
I love you Lord, and I lift my voice,
To worship You, O my soul rejoice;
Take joy my King in what you hear,
May it be a sweet sweet sound in Your ear.
 
O Lord, I thank You, I really thank You,
I just thank You all the days of my life;
O Lord, I thank You, I really thank You,
I just thank You all the days of my life.
 
And I was hungry Lord, You fed me,
And I was hungry Lord, You fed me,
And I was hungry Lord, You fed me,
I just thank You all the days of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment