Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Minute Musings...Are You Throwing A Party?

So, what do you do on those days when you just can't stop crying?  The world and it's
cares, pressures and trials seem to be on the verge of capsizing your little storm-beaten
ship and you're ready to call it quits.  I know you all have days of struggle like this, I do!
The real temptation on days like this is to just sit right down in the midst of the troubles
and have yourself a good pity party!  I'm good at throwing party's like this!  You don't
have to have any guests, all the entertainment is up to you, you don't have to share your
junk food, and best of all..."it's my party and I'll cry if I want too!"  Yep, it's party time
and I'm going to pout, cry, and throw a hissy fit... cause things aren't going my way!

 

Have you heard of "cause and effect?"  The "effect," seen or unseen always has a cause. 
When we get ourselves to this point, there is only one cause...we have taken our eyes off of
the Lord Jesus Christ.  It is pretty easy to understand that if you are not looking at one thing
then you have to be looking at something else.  With our eyes off of God and His precious
promises, we start looking at the tribulations, worries and sorrows that are swirling all around
us.  His promises take a backseat to the trials we see. 

 
Matthew 11:28 - 30  "Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will
give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of Me:  for I am meek and lowly in
heart:  and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is
light."
 
"I will give you rest...ye shall find rest..."  With our eyes off Jesus, we leave ourselves open
to the attacks of Satan.  He will do all within his power to bring you to a defeated, depressed
end.  Instead of giving in and throwing a pity party, you need to get alone with God.  With
your eyes freshly fastened on His loving face you will find your heart and mind restored,
replenished and refocused.  Your loving Savior is waiting today to give you the rest you so
desperately need.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment