Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Minute Musings...I Am Blessed

Today is Canada's 148th birthday...we are a blessed nation.  It's easy to complain about
what we perceive as great problems within our borders, and yes there are problems...but
WE ARE BLESSED!  We still have religious freedom, we have universal health care, we
are free to voice our thoughts on any subject!  There are many in this old world who do
not enjoy such freedom.

We also experience great blessing personally.  For myself I am blessed to have loving
children who not only care for me in word, but also in deed.  I am blessed with a precious
little grandson and another one on the way.  God has blessed me with enough health to
still be able to care for myself.  I have my mental capacities still intact (really!).  I have
access to the medications I need on a daily basis.  I have my eyesight and hearing...such
blessings!

However my greatest blessing is my dear Savior.  To be loved, blood bought and kept
by the Great God and King of the Universe is a truth that is overwhelming.  What makes
this even more unbelievable is that I deserve none of His mercy and grace. 

 


How do you view your life today?  Do you see the showers of blessings from a loving
God, or do you only see trials, adversities, hardships and tribulations?  I want to point
out a great truth to you...blessings often come disguised as trials!  Some of you might
be shaking your heads at this statement, but it is the truth. 

God says this to us in Jeremiah 29:11  "For I know the thoughts that I think toward
you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected
end."

Don't mistakenly think that God has not blessed you because of a lack of material
possessions.  God's greatest blessings are peace, joy, comfort and His promised presence
with us.  It is one of the greatest blessing to have the peace of God present in your heart
while in the midst of a great trial.  The blessing of His precious promises have been a life
line to me during the lowest points in my life.  The blessing of others in my life have
been an encouragement and help that can never be measured.  The blessing that comes
from Godly music has been a balm to my hurting soul many times over.

I challenge you today to take a fresh look at your life.  Ask God to show you His
great mercy, love and grace that might be hidden in the storms of tribulation in your
life.  There is always a silver lining of blessing in every storm...take the time to look
for it. 

Ephesians 1:3  "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who
hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:"


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJursNxC63o

No comments:

Post a Comment