Thursday, June 26, 2014

Minute Musings...I Will Praise You Lord

Psalms 86:12  "I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart:  and I
will glorify Thy name for evermore."

The word "praise" is found 248 times in the Bible.  Usually when something is repeated,
it is meant to be of extreme importance!  We are instructed, commanded and flat out
told to praise the Lord.

We find in Psalms 119:164, "Seven times a day do I praise Thee because of Thy
righteous judgments."

I believe that this is setting up the day to be shrouded in praise.  I've learned this
about praise...you can't be in a grouchy mood and praise the Lord!  To be in the
spirit of praise to the Lord requires your spirit to be right with the Lord.  What a
wonderful way to go through the day, rejoicing in the Lord and praising Him for
all His goodness to you.  I guarantee that those around will be blessed and
encouraged by your attitude of praise, it will become contagious!  If you're a
disgruntled person, that will permeate to those around you.  If you are a joyful
person, full of praise and thanksgiving, that will affect those that you come into
contact with.

We have much to praise the Lord for.  If we would just stop and count our blessings,
our complaining, bitter, angry dispositions would disappear.  We would become
children of God, that will bring those hurting around us to the healing love of our
Heavenly Father.

What kind of Christian are you?  Are you known for your depressing attitude, or
do you draw those around you into the presence of God through your attitude of
praise?  "I will praise Thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart:"

No comments:

Post a Comment