Monday, June 23, 2014

Minute Musings...Learning To Lean

I love the song, "Learning To Lean" by John Stallings.  It goes like this;

The joy I can't explain fills my soul,
Since the day I made Jesus my King;
His blessed Holy Spirit is leading my way;
He's teaching and I'm learning to lean.
 
There's glorious victory each day now for me,
I found His peace so serene;
He helps with each task if only I'll ask;
Every day now I'm learning to lean.
 
Chorus:
I'm learning to lean, learning to lean,
Learning to lean on Jesus;
Finding more power than I'd ever dreamed,
I'm learning to lean on Jesus.
 
Leaning is a learned position.  In order to lean on something or someone, you must
be still.  Leaning is exercising your faith; you are trusting that what or who you are
leaning on will hold you up.  When you are truly leaning on something, you are
relinquishing your trust in your own strength and depending wholly on the strength 
of what or who you are leaning on. 
 
I'm learning to lean on Jesus.  I'm ceasing my business;  I'm trusting that my dear
Heavenly Father will hold me up;  I stop relying on my strength and depend on
the strength of my Savior.  Leaning on the Lord is an intimate position.  Who
better to lean against, than the One who laid down His own life, with a love for me
that's incomprehensible, so that I might have eternal life. 

Are you taking that precious time to lean in quiet trust on your Lord?  You will be
renewed with joy, peace, victory and power!
 
 Isaiah 41:10  "Fear thou not;  for I am with thee:  be not dismayed:  for I
am thy God:  I will strengthen thee;  yea, I will help thee:  yea, I will uphold
thee with the right hand of my righteousness."

No comments:

Post a Comment