Sunday, June 22, 2014

Minute Musings...My Weakness, God's Grace

2 Corinthians 12:9  "And He said unto me,  My grace is sufficient for thee:"

If you are anything like me, this is the way things usually play out.  I see the obstacle,
come up with a plan of action.  I then proceed to try and make my way work, fail...then
turn to the Lord for His help.  Like 99% of this earths population, I do things the hard
way.

God's plan is as follows.  We see the problem, then turn it over to Him with complete
faith that our God is bigger than any problem that we come up against.  Doing
things God's way removes from our lives any struggle, frustration and wasted energy.
So why do we insist on doing things our way?  I  believe its because we do not like
to admit that we need help with anything.  We like the feeling of being in control.
Yet it is this control that leads us down the path to new and usually worse problems.

Letting go and trusting God goes against our nature.  However when we let God
have control He gives us peace and contentment even in the midst of difficulty. 

I've been learning anew this lesson over the past few months.  Moving 3 provinces
away, from the beautiful country to a major city hasn't been easy.  Leaving the
known and familiar, my friends and home was a hard struggle for me.  However
in the middle of the unknown God continued to remind me that His grace was sufficient
for whatever I was facing.  I can attest that divine comfort and peace was with me when
I gave my worries, fear and uneasiness over to my Savior, knowing that His will was
being done in my life. 

God never leads you where His grace doesn't keep you.  When we feel a lack of
the Lord's sustaining grace in our lives, it is not His fault...it's ours!  He has
promised...and God never breaks His promises!

No comments:

Post a Comment