Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Minute Musings...He's Watching

Do you ever get that weird feeling sometimes that someone is watching you?  You know, that
feeling that makes the hairs on your neck stand up, and goose bumps appear on your arms.
I have, its not a nice feeling.  If you're like me, you quickly turn around trying to find those
eyes that have given you the willies. 

The truth is, we are being watched!  Proverbs 5:21  "For the ways of man are before the
eyes of the LORD, and He pondereth all his goings."  God is watching us.  He sees when
we cheat someone, complain about things, steal, lie, behave selfishly.  He also sees when we
help someone without thought of reward, when we refrain from demanding our own way,
when we turn the other cheek, when we refuse to seek recompense for unfair treatment.  He
sees when we are hurt by unkind remarks, when we cry in secret because of a broken and
sorrowful heart, when we put others first without thought to ourselves.  Yes, God see's all.

Psalms 56:8  "Thou tellest my wanderings:  put Thou my tears into Thy bottle:  are
they not in Thy book?  The Psalmist knew that God even keeps track of the tears that we
shed, they are important to Him.  Why?  Because anything that affects His child affects Him.
He see's our tears, He feels our pain and sorrow.  His heart aches when our heart aches. 

Psalms 139:1 - 4  "O LORD, Thou hast searched me, and known me.  Thou knowest
my down sitting and mine uprising, Thou understandest my thought afar off.  Thou
compassest my path and my lying down, and art acquainted with all my ways.  For
there is not a word in my tongue, but lo, O LORD, Thou knowest it altogether."

Our God is watching us.  This should be a comfort to the believer!  It should compel us to
live in a different way, the Spirit filled way.  It should propel us to witness more and to let
others see through our conduct, speech and dress that we belong to the King of Kings, that
our citizenship is in Heaven, that we are a child of the most High God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment