Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Minute Musings...A Sure Foundation

If you are a conscientious homeowner, you will do periodic inspections on your homes
foundation.  You look for signs of cracks and leaks.  Your home is only as good as the
foundation that it sits on.

May I ask you a question today?  What foundation are you building your life on.  Are
you putting your trust in your looks, wealth, intelligence, morality, good works, ancestry,
or job?  All these things are fleeting.  Job 4:19 -21 tells us, "How much less in them
that dwell in houses of clay, whose foundations is in the dust, which are crushed
before the moth?  They are destroyed from morning to evening:  they perish for
ever without any regarding it.  doth not their excellency which is in them go away?
They die, even without wisdom."

Mankind does not have the ability to build a sound foundation for their life.  The only
solid foundation that can stand the test of time, and see us safe to Glory is the Lord
Jesus Christ.  Only the wise build upon this sure foundation.  The Apostle Paul stated
in 1 Corinthians 3:10 & 11, "According to the grace of God which is given unto me,
as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. 
But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.  For other foundation can
no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ."  When we build our lives on the
Lord, we have a fast, sure, trustworthy foundation, that nothing can shake.

The Psalmist David declared many times over how he trusted in the Lord.

Psalms 7:1  "O LORD my God, in Thee do I put my trust:"

Psalms 16:1  "Preserve me, O God:  for in Thee do I put my trust."

Psalms 31:1  "In Thee, O LORD, do I put my trust:"

Psalms 56:3  "...I will trust in Thee."

Psalms 71:1  "In Thee, O LORD, do I put my trust."

Psalms 141:8  "But mine eyes are unto Thee, O God the Lord:  In Thee is my trust;"

Psalms 143:8  "For in Thee do I trust:"

The word "trust" is used by David 71 times in the Psalms.  David trusted in the Lord
to be his Rock, Shield, Defender, Comforter, High Tower, Buckler, Guide, Strength,
Salvation, Refuge, Helper, Hiding Place, Light, Fortress, Redeemer.  Can you trust
the Lord today to be the foundation upon which you will build your life? 

In Matthew 7: 24 - 27 we find the story of the wise man and the foolish man.  The wise
man built his house upon the rock.  It says that when the rain and floods came and the
winds blew, that his house remained firm, for it was founded upon a rock.  However
the foolish man built his house upon the sand, and when the rain and floods came and
the winds blew, his house fell, for it was not built upon a sure foundation. 

When the storms of life come upon you, will your life remain firm on the Solid Rock, the
Lord Jesus Christ?  Or will you collapse among the mud and mire of the ruins of your
life because your foundation was faulty, built upon the fleeting things of this world. 
Don't put off checking your foundation!

No comments:

Post a Comment