Friday, July 18, 2014

Minute Musings...Nothing But The Blood

I have always loved to see clothes fluttering on a clothesline.  I can sit for hours, it
just seems so peaceful.  A clothesline can tell the story of who lives in the house.  Babies,
toddlers, teenagers, military...  Until this move recently to Ontario, I have always had a
clothesline.  Years ago, when my children were small, my clothesline would be filled
a couple of times a week with blankies, sleepers, little socks, bibs.  One spring morning
I had just filled the clothesline.  As I turned to go back into the house, I heard a snap.
There lay all the freshly cleaned clothes in wet mud.  The clothes had just a moment
before been clean, now they were dirty and I had to start all over.

Isaiah 1:18  "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD:  though
your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;  though they be red like
crimson, they shall be as wool."

There is nothing dirtier than our sin.  Shout, Tide, Bleach, Resolve, Sunlight, none of
these will work on this stain of sin that is set into the very core of our being.  There is
only one treatment for our sin.  We cannot purchase the solution, we can't barter for
it, we can't replicate it. 

Psalms 51:2 & 7  "Wash me thoroughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me
from my sin.  Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean;  wash me, and I shall
be whiter than snow."

It is only through the precious shed blood of our wonderful Lord and Savior, that
we can be washed and made clean.  When we accept His free gift of salvation, the
blood is applied to our sin.  When God the Father looks at us, He no longer see's
a guilty sinner;  He see's His child, clothed in the blood of the Lamb, His precious
Son! 

It is a known scientific fact that life is in and through the blood.  The redemption of
our souls and eternal life is in and through the blood of Jesus Christ.  Remember
to take time today to thank the Lord Jesus for His precious blood!

"What can wash away my sin? 
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
What can make me whole again? 
Nothing but the blood of Jesus.
Oh, precious is the blood,
That makes me white as snow.
No other fount I know,
Nothing but the blood of Jesus!

                 Robert Lowry
 
                                    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment