Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Minute Musings...Stop Struggling, Start Surrendering

Do you experience times when just getting out of bed and facing the day seems like a
an uphill battle?  Days when the trials and tribulations seem to be so smothering you
can hardly breathe?  Have you been overcome with grief at the loss of someone dear?
Are there days when health, financial, family or work problems seem so overwhelming
that you start sliding down that slippery slope to depression?

Our Creator God knows our frame, He designed us and He knows that there will be
times when life just seems to be too much to bear.  This is why He so loving said in
Matthew 11:28  "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I
will give you rest."  I love this verse!  There are days when life just plain hurts. 
But there is rest for our weary and broken hearts.  We simply "Come" and He
"will give you rest." 

Our dear Father's words to the prophet Jeremiah 31:3, are also His words of love
and encouragement to His child today.  "Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting
love:  therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."

David proclaimed the loving power of God's sustaining hand in Psalms 55:22,
"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and He shall sustain thee:  He shall never
suffer the righteous to be moved."

There is a story of a missionary many years ago who became discouraged in his
service.  Days went by and this wonderful man of God became more distressed
about the situations he was trying to deal with.  One morning he came down to
breakfast to find his wife in the kitchen dressed in mourning.  He was immediately
alarmed thinking that a family member had passed away and he hadn't been
informed.  Upon questioning his wife as to whom had died, he received this chilling
response, "Why God of course!"  He quickly demanded how she could say such a
thing.  "My dear husband, it's been your actions that told me God must have died!"
Needless to say things turned around for that missionary as of that morning.

My dear friends, you and I act that same way at times don't we, that God is dead.
We must try to carry on and solve all these problems that are just to much for us!
Instead of taking our worries, cares, trials and problems to our Heavenly Father,
we stumble through the day struggling to carry the burden that He is waiting to carry.
Stop struggling and start surrendering! 

Psalms 61:1-4  "Hear my cry, O God:  attend unto my prayer.  From the end
of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed;  lead me to
the rock that is higher than I.  For Thou hast been a shelter for me, and a
strong tower from the enemy.  I will abide in Thy tabernacle for ever:  I will
trust in the covert of Thy wings, Selah."

No comments:

Post a Comment