Saturday, April 11, 2015

Minute Musings...No Where But Up

Do you ever experience those times when you can't seem to do anything right?  What
you say is taken the wrong way, even your thoughts seem to get you into trouble.  Trouble
seems to be coming at you from every direction and you just want to take cover and hide!
It's times like this that I am my own worst enemy.  Satan uses these days to slip depression
and self-doubt into the mix, and you end up a real mess.

Psalms 9:9  "The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times
of trouble."

So, what do you do when you go through times of despair?  You look up!  We have the
promise of God that He is a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge for us when we experience
trouble.  My favorite Bible verses are Psalms 121:1 & 2  "I will lift up my mines unto
the hills, from whence cometh my help.  My help cometh from the LORD, which
made heaven and earth."

Is there anything too hard for the Lord?  This God Who has promised us His help is the
great Creator of the universe.  This is the everlasting God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. 
This is the Almighty God who delivered His chosen people out of the land of Egypt.  This
fierce God delivered His people from their enemies time and time again.  This all power-
ful God performed miraculous wonders.  This loving God became flesh, He lived, died
and rose again for us.  This wonderful God is right now preparing a place for us in Heaven. 
Can we not trust Him to help us?

Jeremiah 32:27  "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh:  is there any thing
too hard for me?"

When we live our lives carrying our burdens, we are essentially saying to God, "I don't
need your help, I am capable of taking care of myself."  As sinful human beings, we do
not like to relinquish control of anything.  We see the loss of control as a weakness. But
the opposite is true when it comes to letting God have control.  It is a sign of wisdom
when we say to the Lord, "I need Your help, I cannot do this without You."  We are
admonished in Proverbs 3:5 & 6  "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart;  and lean
not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall
direct thy paths."

I would encourage you today not to look to man for your help, but to look up!  God will
never force you to trust Him, He will not snatch your burdens from you.  He is waiting
for you too willingly hand them over to Him.  He is more than capable of helping you,
so why do you insist on stumbling along on your own?  Look up, let Him be your refuge...
He's waiting!

Psalms 27:14  "Wait on the LORD:  be of good courage, and He shall strengthen
thine heart:  wait I say on the LORD."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMm0MZs5G18

You Are My Fortress
 
You are my fortress, You are my hiding place.
In time of trouble, I run to the Rock and seek Your face.
Though others fail me, my dearest friend is always true;
O how I love You, You are my fortress, I trust in You.
 
                            Ron Hamilton 



No comments:

Post a Comment