Monday, October 20, 2014

Minute Musings...Approved Unto God

My heart expanded with joy and pride this week when I heard my 11 month old grandson
say "Gama" for the first time!  I know I must have felt this much excitement when I heard
"Mama" for the first time many years ago...I just can't remember.  I guess that's why there
is so much excitement in being a grandparent, with your memories fading, every milestone
that your grandchildren reach, gives you that "first time feeling" all over again! 

All joking aside, there is a lot of pride felt as each new milestone is reached and then
celebrated.  We eagerly watch for each new development in these little lives, and feel
the excitement along with them.  I don't know how many times I've said, "Gramma" to
him, and urged him to try and repeat it after me.  Hearing it for the first time the other
day sent a thrill through me...success!

2 Timothy 2:15  "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth
not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

We all start out as babes in our Christian life.  We need to learn, to grow, to progress in
the faith.  Our Heavenly Father is watching our progress.  I think that when He see's us
learning and applying new truths to our lives, He has a sense of satisfaction, a holy pride
in our development.  Just as we watch and rejoice over each new stage in our children
and grandchildren's lives, our Heavenly Father watches and rejoices over our spiritual
development.

Growing up, I always strived for the approval of my parents.  It made me more confident
and sure of what I was doing when I knew that they were supporting me.  When we are
doing what our Heavenly Father approves of, it should give us the same feeling of confidence.
God approves of us...what a concept.  Note however, that this approval is not because of
anything we have done in the flesh, it is because we are surrendered to the Holy Spirit,
and striving through His help to do the Father's will.

Psalms 143:10  "Teach me to do Thy will:  for Thou art my God:"

Are you approved unto God today?  Is your spiritual growth pleasing to the Heavenly
Father?  Or does He have reason to be concerned over you?  Start putting some effort
into your spiritual life.  Work at it, give it your all.  Get into the Word and study.  Meditate
on the Word. Spend time in prayer and fellowship with your Father.  I guarantee the
Father's approval, when you give of your best to Him!

Give Of Your Best To The Master
 
Give of your best to the Master, give Him first place in your heart;
Give Him first place in your service, fully surrender each part.
Give, and to you shall be given;  God, His beloved Son gave;
Gratefully seeking to serve Him, give Him the best that you have.
 
Give of your best to the Master;  naught else is worthy His love;
He gave Himself for your ransom, gave up His glory above;
Laid down His life without murmur;  you from sin's ruin to save;
Give Him your heart's adoration, give Him the best that you have.
 
                               Howard B Grose

No comments:

Post a Comment