Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Minute Musings...Turn The Light On

I read this little quote today, "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if
one only remembers to turn the light on."  I got to thinking about darkness.  Everyone
experiences those dark times don't they.  Those times of uncertainty, sorrow, broken
hearts and broken dreams.  How do we (if we even remember to try) turn the "light"
back on?

Psalms 119:105  "Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."
When those dark days of despair and grief overtake you, turn to the light of God's
Holy Word.  It is here in the precious Word of God, that we will find the way to peace,
assurance, rest and joy.

What exactly is the "Word of God?"  Yes, it is the way of Salvation, it is the truth,
is direction for the child of God, it is conviction for the wayward, food for our soul,
examples to follow, warning of danger, and it is hope.  I would like you to take note
of these following verses.  John 1:1-4  "In the beginning was the Word (Jesus), and
the Word (Jesus), was with God, and the Word (Jesus), was God.  The same was in
the beginning with God.  All things were made by Him (Jesus);  and without Him
(Jesus) was not anything made that was made.  In Him (Jesus) was life:  and the life
was the light of men."

Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son, which was with the Father from the beginning,
is the Living Word of God.  This Bible that we hold in our hands is alive with the
Holy Spirit of the living God!  It says that this "Life" was the light of men.

It tells us in John 8:12  "Then spake Jesus again unto them (the scribes and the
Pharisees) saying, I am the light of the world:  he that followeth Me shall not
walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

We, who name the name of Christ, who have the "Light of Life" are so often foolish!
We stumble in the darkness, not accessing the "Light" that we have so lovingly been
given.  We try in every human way possible to find the way out of our problems.  We
turn to everything and everybody else for the solutions...except our Savior.  Is it no
wonder that we wander around depressed and forlorn?  We are not following the Lord
the way we should, we are neglecting Bible study and prayer, and in doing so, the "Light"
has dimmed, our way has become harder to see.

Proverbs 6:23  "For the commandment (Word) is a lamp;  and the law (Word)
is light;  and reproofs of instruction (Word) are the way of life:"  Are you finding
it harder to see...then "turn the LIGHT on!"

The Lord Is My Light
 
The Lord is my light and my salvation,
Whom then shall I fear?  Whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the strength of my life, 
The Lord is the strength of my life;
Of whom shall I be afraid?
 
And though Satan's host should rise against me,
My heart shall not fear, my heart shall not fear.
And though men arise against me,
And though men arise against me,
My heart safely shall trust in God.
 
                               Frank Garlock

No comments:

Post a Comment