Sunday, October 26, 2014

Minute Musings...Running On Empty

I have found this past week to be emotionally draining.  With the murders of two of our
country's soldiers, the unexpected death of one of my best friends sister, uncertainty of
my own future necessities, concern over one of my children, failing health...well, lets just
say that I'm running on empty tonight.  What does one do when they slowly chug to a stop,
unable to find the strength to go on, or even to think of going on tomorrow?  You head to
the precious Word of God, this is where you will find the much needed strength and solace
for your soul.

I love the Psalms.  Whenever problems arise, difficulties darken my pathway, I find
myself drawn to the Psalms.  Psalms 119:50 tells us that the Word of God "Is my
comfort in my affliction:"  These precious verses are a balm to my hurting soul. 
I find encouragement, promise, comfort and hope contained here.  Tonight I just
want to share a few of the verses that I've received encouragement from this week.

Psalms 70:5  "But I am poor and needy:  make haste unto me, O God, Thou art
my help and my deliverer;  O LORD, make no tarrying."

Psalms 73:26  "My flesh and my heart faileth:  but God is the strength of my
heart, and my portion for ever."

Psalms 86:7  "In the day of my trouble I will call upon Thee:  for Thou wilt
answer me."

Psalms 89:9  "Thou rulest the raging of the sea:  when the waves thereof arise,
Thou stillest them."

Have you had a hard week, month, year?  May you be encouraged today when you
are reminded that God knows all about it.  More than that, He cares, and He can give
the help that you need to keep going.  I've learned from my past experiences that you
can go from victory to defeat in a blink of an eye.  One blow from the enemy can send
you toppling off the mountain top to the darkness of the valley below.  No Christian is
exempt from this.  The thing to remember is that you must turn right around and start
climbing again, don't make your home in the valley of doom and gloom.  The longer
you stay there the harder it is to move.  I realize that this is all so much easier to say
than to do, but this is when you take your Savior's hand and let Him lead you.

Psalms 91:1 & 2  "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall
abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge
and my fortress:  my God:  in Him will I trust."

It's In His Name
 
There is a rest in every woe,
There is a refuge from the foe;
There is a peace this world can't know,
It's in His name,
There is a glow in darkest night,
A dawn of hope, a guiding light;
There is a help in helpless plight;
It's in His name, It's in His name.
 
His name is Wonderful, Counsellor,
Mighty God;
His name is Jesus,
And He's ever the same.
 
There is a calm when fear assails,
There is a power all nature hails;
There is a love that never fails;
It's in His name, It's in His name.
 
                                         Judy A. Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment