Thursday, October 16, 2014

Minute Musings...Glorious Love

I read a quote today, "It was not the nails that kept Jesus on the cross, but it was His
love for you."  I don't know about you, but I long to comprehend this love.  It is a love
that we simply will not understand until we reach Glory and see our Savior face to
face.  Have you ever wondered what that moment will be like?  We will look into the
eyes of the One who loved us unconditionally, who gave His life for us. 

John 10:11, 27 & 28  "I am the Good Shepherd:  the Good Shepherd giveth His
life for the sheep.  My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
And I give unto them eternal life:  and they shall never perish, neither shall any
man pluck them out of My hand."

We think we know what love is, but may I tell you something?  God IS love.  It is
this perfect, sinless, complete love that made Him sacrificed Himself for us.  Did we
do anything to deserve this love?  No!  God referred to any so called "goodness" in us
as "filthy rags."  Isaiah 64:6  "But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our
righteousnesses are as filthy rags:  and we all do fade as a leaf;  and our iniquities,
like the wind, have taken us away."  But still, He loved us unconditionally!

I love the story of the blind man in John chapter 9.  Here is this man that was blind
from birth.  Jesus, passing by, saw him and stopped.  Can you imagine what this dear
blind man is thinking.  I'm sure that He's heard of Jesus and all the miracles that He
had done;  and now Jesus is stopping for Him.  I love to think about what it was like
the moment he opened his eyes and saw for the first time.  It was God's love that gave
him his physical sight that day;  and it is God's love that gives spiritual sight.  His
love opens our spiritual eyes to see our sin, and then to see the One who died for our
sin.

How thankful I am today that Jesus stopped for me, and for that great love that saw
beyond my sin.  He saw what the power of the cross could do in my life...and He loved me! 
He loves you too.  He can see past the selfishness, pride, stubbornness, lies, and brokenness. 
Don't turn from the greatest gift ever to be offered.

Oh Glorious Love
 
In my darkness Jesus found me,
Touched my eyes and made me see;
Broke sin's chains that long had bound me;
Gave me life and liberty.
 
Oh amazing truth to ponder,
He whom angel hosts attend;
Lord of Heaven, God's Son, what wonder;
He became the sinners friend.
 
Oh glorious love of Christ my Lord divine,
That made Him stoop to save a soul like mine;
Through all my days and then in Heaven above,
My song will silence never,
I'll worship Him forever,
And praise Him for His glorious love.
 
                                            John W. Peterson



No comments:

Post a Comment