Thursday, October 30, 2014

Minute Musings...How Can I Fear?

What are you afraid of?  For some snakes will send them screaming, others (like yours
truly) freeze when faced with a spider...who am I kidding...any insect!  Some people are
terrified of heights, bats, the dark...well you get the picture, the list is endless.  However
I just want to focus on one fear today, the fear of man.

Proverbs 29:25  "The fear of man bringeth a snare:  but whoso putteth his trust
in the LORD shall be safe."

Why is it that we fear so much what others think of us, what they say about us and even
what they might do to us?  There is only One whom we should fear (a righteous, reverent
fear) and that is the most High God.  If we put as much emphasis on what God thinks of
us as we do about what man does, I know that our lives would be lived in a much different
manner!  We are told in Psalms 111:10 "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of
wisdom:"  You could also take this to say, "The fear of man is foolishness!"

I believe the snare that Proverbs 29:25 is talking about is this:  when we are fearful
and worried about man, we lose sight of God.  Our focus becomes fixated on "me" and
not on "Him."  When we become wrapped up in ourselves and our own little dramas,
the Lord fades out of sight...and we are trapped in the snare of "prIde."  It is that
dangerous pride that brings about this terrible snare...what will they think of ME! 
How can they say that about Me!  How can they do that to ME!  Don't think I'm making
light of this, I'm not, for I've been in this place many times.  It's an easy place to slide
into, and even a more hurtful place to stay. 

We are admonished in Psalms 37:1 "Fret not thyself because of evildoers,"  We are
wasting the precious time the Lord has allotted us, when we spend it fretting over the
deeds of others against us.  May I remind you of the second half of Proverbs 29:25,
"but whoso putteth his trust in the LORD shall be safe."  This is a conscious action
on our part, we must put our trust in the Lord, and the promise is, that we will be safe!
Can we still be hurt?  Yes, but when we are trusting the Lord for the problem, He will
provide the comfort needed for our hurting hearts.  We have this promise in Psalms
34:4  "I sought the LORD, and He heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."
The safest place to be is in the hands of the Lord!  I would also like to say here, that
when you are walking with the Lord, what He allows to come into your life is for a
reason.  To draw you closer to Him, to prove Him in your life, as a testimony to others.

Are you hurting today?  Are you fearful today?  Remember this "For He (Jesus) hath
said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.  So that we may boldly say, the Lord
is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me."   Walk in victory today,
stop fearing and start trusting!

How Can I Fear
 
When shadows fall and the night covers all,
There are things that my eyes cannot see.
I'll never fear, for the Savior is near;
My Lord abides with me.
 
When I'm alone and I face the unknown,
And I fear what the future may be,
I can depend on the strength of my friend,
He walks along with me.
 
Jesus is King, He controls everything;
He is with me each night and each day.
I trust my soul to the Savior's control:
He drives all fear away.
 
How can I fear? Jesus is near,
He ever watches over me.
Worries all cease, He give me peace.
How can I fear with Jesus?
 
                                            Ron Hamilton

No comments:

Post a Comment