Thursday, February 6, 2014

Minute Musings...Create In Me A Clean Heart

When my children were little, there were just some things that no matter how hard I scrubbed,
I couldn't get the stains out.  I would sometimes even buy special soaps that promised to get
things sparkling new again...I wasn't expecting sparkle, but for the money they wanted for some
of those products, you would at least expect the stain to disappear!  There is no 100% guarantee
on any product, for a complete, brand new look if you use it.

One thing that we can never clean is our own hearts.  They are stained with sin, and there is
not a thing that we can do to remove that stain, no matter how hard we try. 

Jeremiah 17: 9 tells us that "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately
wicked:  who can know it?"  There is nothing in our power to make our hearts sin free
and acceptable before a holy and just God.  Verse 10 goes on to say that, "I the LORD
search the heart,"  What does the Lord find when He searches our hearts?  Mark 7:21-
23  "For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries,
fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an
evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:  All these evil things come from within and
defile the man." 

Doesn't sound very good does it?  We try to look good in our own eye, in the eyes of our
family, friends, co-workers, neighbours;  but they can't see our hearts.  But God can,
nothing is hid from Him, and what He sees is disgusting.

The Psalmist David knew the secret to having a clean heart.  Repentance and surrender
are the only antidotes to a corrupt heart.  Psalms 51:2,3,10  "Wash me thoroughly from
mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.  For I acknowledge my transgressions: 
and my sin is ever before me.  Create in me a clean heart, O God:  and renew a right
spirit within me."

Stop wasting your time and efforts in a futile attempt at cleansing your heart.  There is
only one way, give it over to God, and let Him apply the blood of the Lamb on those
stubborn sin stains!  Isaiah 1:18  "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the
LORD:  though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;  though they
be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."  Now, that's a guarantee that you can
trust!

No comments:

Post a Comment