Monday, February 10, 2014

Minute Musings...Dwelling

I thought today that I would just share with you two of my favorite verses.  They are found in 
Psalms 91:1 & 2  "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under
the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge, and my fortress;
my God:  in Him will I trust."  What powerful verses, they hold so much promise for the
child of God.  I have many days when I just feel overwhelmed by the many problems that are
presenting themselves.  My God has a secret place for me, it's a place that is within His shadow.
For there to be a shadow God must be standing beside me!  What a marvellous thought.

In the shadow of my God is refuge.  God does not leave His precious child defenseless against
the storms that come.  He loves us and has provided a safe haven, a place of protection for
us.  It also says that He is our fortress.  A fortress is impenetrable to the attacks of the enemy.
Its walls are high and solid, and nothing can break down its fortified doors.  The occupants
are safe from the arrows of the foe when they run to the shelter of the mighty fortress.  God
has said that He is our fortress.  When we are in Him, we are safe from the fiery darts of
the enemy.

This passage goes on to say in verses 4 & 5  "He shall cover thee with His feathers, and
under His wings shalt thou trust:  His truth shall be thy shield and buckler.  Thou
shalt not be afraid for the terror by night:  nor for the arrow that flieth by day:"

How very thankful I am, that I am a child of God!  I can abide in His shadow, He is my
refuge and fortress, He covers me with His feathers and hides me beneath His wings.
He is my shield and bucker, I have no need to fear.  What wonderful statements I can
make and precious promises I can claim. 

How about you?  Do you know God?  These wonderful truths are for every child of God.
How very blessed we are to be so loved by our Heavenly Father.  Find that secret place
and rest and rejoice in your Savior today!

No comments:

Post a Comment