Thursday, February 13, 2014

Minute Musings...Moving Day

I'm sitting here these days surrounded by boxes.  My house is torn apart as I prepare to make
the move to Ontario in the next little while.  Moving is stressful!  I thought when I moved into
this house 9 years ago this week, that it would be my last move.  I'm experiencing a wide
spectrum of emotions as I prepare to say goodbye, not only to my friends and family that I
will be leaving behind, but also to my home province of Nova Scotia!  There is no other place
in Canada (in my way of thinking!) that is as unique and beautiful as Nova Scotia!

But, there is still one other move that is coming for me down the road at some point!  John 14:3
"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself:
that where I am, there ye may be also."  At the end of my journey to Ontario, I will see my
loving son, his beautiful wife and my precious new grandbaby.  I'm excited about seeing them,
being in their company, living with them.  Am I as excited to make that final move to my heavenly home?  I should be excited about seeing my Lord, being in His company, living with Him in Glory...but am I?

1 Corinthians 2:9  "But as it is written, eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have
entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love Him."

God is preparing MY house!  Look around at the beauty of nature, the breathtaking colors in
the rainbows that grace the skies, the different hues of blues and greens that paint the oceans,
the wide array of vibrant colors that clothe the birds!  If God took the time to make this earth
so beautiful to our eyes, can you imagine what our heavenly home is going to be like that He is
spending so much time preparing for us!

This final move in my life, will be the best move of all...I'll finally be at my permanent destination.
No more moving again!  There will be no tedious packing for that move...my Lord will call and
I'll just go home!  John 12:26  "If any man serve Me, let him follow Me;  and where I am,
there shall also My servant be;"

Some glad morning, when this life is over
I'll fly away.
To a land where joys will never end,
I'll fly away!



No comments:

Post a Comment