Saturday, February 8, 2014

Minute Musings...Father, I'm Home!

Nothing fills me with more delight then to hear that my children are coming home for a visit!
I immediately start planning their favorite meals and treats.  The hours seem to creep by so
slowly once I hear that they are on their way.  I watch the clock with great anticipation and
listen for the sound of the door opening and their call, "Mom, I'm home!" 

We sorrow when we lose a loved one.  It hurts, and it feels as if our broken hearts will never
beat the same again.  But if that person was a Christian, then they just went home!  When I
hear of the passing of a saint, in my mind I always envision our Heavenly Father waiting at
the door of Heaven, waiting wrap His arms around His child and to hear them say, "Father,
I'm home!"  The joy we experience at the home coming of our precious children is nothing
compared to the Fathers joy at the appearance of His child at the gate of Heaven. 

Paul exhorts us in 1 Thessalonians 4:13, "But I would not have you to be ignorant,
brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which
have no hope."  What is Paul talking about?  He is reminding the believer, that while we
sorrow, we sorrow with hope.  We will see our dear one again, because they are with the
Lord!  He tells us in 2 Corinthians 5:8, "We are confident, I say, and willing rather to
be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord."  The Lord Jesus Himself
told the dying thief on the cross, "And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To
day shalt thou be with me in paradise." (Luke 23:43)

Heaven is a real place, prepared for real people.  This world is a journey, the destination
is Heaven and eternity with our wonderful Savior.  I lost my dad to cancer when I was only
16.  Do I still sorrow? Most definitely!  In fact it seems that with each passing year I miss
him more and more, but I know that one day I'm going to see him again..."Ye sorrow not,
even as others which have no hope."  Death is not the end, it is only the beginning...the
beginning of eternal fellowship with God! 

John 14:1 - 3  "Let not your heart be troubled:  ye believe in God, believe also in
Me.  In my Father's house are many mansions:  if it were not so, I would have told
you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I
will come again, and receive you unto myself;  that where I am, there ye may be
also."

Is your voice one of the voices that the Father is waiting to hear say, "I'm home!"

No comments:

Post a Comment