Friday, February 21, 2014

Minute Musings...Prayer Warriors

I found out today that a very sweet lady I've met on-line (and have since been writing articles
for) has been in a semi-conscious state for nearly two months!  We had only ever "talked" on-
line, so I had no way of knowing why all of a sudden I wasn't hearing from her.  During those
couple months the Lord kept bringing her to my mind, and I would pray for her.  I was so
thankful to hear from her today and to realize why the Lord kept bringing her to my thoughts
so often.

Have you ever had someone in your thoughts and wondered why you were thinking about them
so much?  Perhaps that friend is going through a trial you know nothing about, has a heart-
ache, or is sick.  God wants you to pray for them!  Yes, God knows their circumstances, but
He works through prayer.  Being a prayer warrior is an important job in the Kings service!
I have a little wall plaque that my Aunt gave my dad when he was sick with cancer, it says,
"More things are wrought by prayer, then this world dreams of."  Praying for others can be
a full time ministry! 

The Apostle Paul tells us in Philippians 4:6, "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing
by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known unto
God."  God wants us to ask Him for things!  Be careful however to ask according to His
will!  Many people pray for things, then get mad at God for not answering and giving them
what they wanted!  1 John 5:14 & 15  "And this is the confidence that we have in Him,
that, if we ask anything according to His will He heareth us:  And if we know that He
hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desire of Him."

I keep a prayer journal, and always mark off when prayers have been answered.  What a
blessing to look back through this book and see how faithful my God has been.  The next
time the Lord brings someone to your mind, just stop for a minute and commit them to the
love and protection of the Lord...remember, "More things are wrought be prayer, then
this world dreams of."

No comments:

Post a Comment