Thursday, August 14, 2014

Minute Musings...In That Day

Sometimes I get into a deep thinking mood (doesn't happen a whole lot!).  I find myself
wondering why I was born to the parents I was, in a country that is free and violence is
relatively rare.  Yes, there was 9-11, and it did bring terror to our peaceful borders, but
I do not have to run daily from gun fire in the streets.  Worry if my home will be blown up
by missals.  I do not have to hold my weak and starving baby in my arms and watch the
precious life quietly slip away.  I do not have to drag my children through war-torn streets
fleeing rebels who will rape, torture and then kill us for the sport of it. 

Most people tend to blame God for all the bad that permeates this wicked world that we
find ourselves in.  However I am going to tell you today that God is not to blame for
any of it...mankind is.  God is watching with a broken heart, all that man is doing to each
other.  God gave us free will.  We have the choice to do what we will or to follow God's
plan. 

We were all born with sin.  Psalms 51:5  "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity;  and in
sin did my mother conceive me."  I have never seen a parent having to teach a baby to
throw a temper tantrum, showing a child how to hit another child, or how to cheat, lie
and steal.  I'm watching my little 8 month old grandson grow up.  I never see my son sit
with him and show him how to sin! It is all part of the sin nature that we are born with. 
Until we see our sin for what it is and turn to God in repentance, and accept His gift of
salvation, we will remain in this lost state.  Becoming a Christian doesn't mean you will
become sinless, it means that you are now a sinner saved by the Grace of God.  We have
the gift of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, living in us.  Ephesians 2:8  "For by grace are ye
saved through faith;  and that not of yourselves:  it is the gift of God:"

I have said all of this to make the point that you cannot blame God for what is happening
in the world today.  God sits broken hearted, watching His beautiful creation being ruined
by sin...but not forever.  One day our Great Almighty God is going to step in and Satan
and sin will be no more.  He will bring justice, order and peace into this savaged sin
cursed world.

Zachariah 14:4 & 9  "And His feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives,
which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the
midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great
valley:  and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it
toward the south.  And the LORD shall be King over all the earth:  in that day
shall there be one LORD, and His name one." 

We also have the promise that He will one day claim His rightful throne, the Throne
of David!  Matthew 25:31  "When the Son of man shall come in His glory, and all
the holy angels with Him, then shall He sit upon the Throne of His glory." 

What a blessed hope!  Sin shall not have the rule forever.  One day our Great God
will rise up and stamp out sin forever.  One day peace will rule.  Don't watch the terrors
of this world with fear in your hearts, keep your eyes heavenward.  For the child of God,
our blessed hope is in His promised imminent return!  Luke 21:28  "Look up, and lift
up your heads:  for your redemption draweth nigh."

No comments:

Post a Comment