Thursday, August 28, 2014

Minute Musings...In The Valley

Life is full of mountaintops and valleys.  Given the choice I'm sure that we would all
prefer to have only the mountaintop experiences, however God knows that we would
be very one-sided, off-balanced people.  The valleys are needful in our lives.  We need
to learn to say with the Psalmist David, "Shew me Thy ways, O LORD;  teach me
Thy paths."  Psalms 25:4 

There is a song that I love, which I would like to share with you.

In The Valley He Restoreth My Soul
 
When I'm low in the spirit I cry Lord lift me up
I want to go higher with Thee
But the Lord Knows I can't live on a mountain
so He picked out a valley for me

It's cold as a dungeon
and the sun seldom shines
And I question Lord why must this be
Then He tells me there's strength in my sorrow
and there's victory in trials for me

Chorus
And He leads me beside still waters
somewhere in the valley below
And He draws me aside
to be tested and tried
in the valley He restoreth my soul



                                                                                                Dottie Rambo

It seems to be when calamities beat on our door and the winds of adversity howl, that
we rush to the Saviors feet.  We seldom seek the Saviors face with such earnest when we
have no dire need to be addressed.  However, when sorrow looms and grief overwhelms
us; when we are frightened into a corner by some unknown force; when our way becomes
clouded by uncertainty;  this is when we cling to our Savior.  It's during these alarming
times in our lives that He has promised to restore our souls.  We grow stronger during
these hard times because we learn to lean on our Savior in a way that we seldom do
when we are on the mountaintops.

Many people love the view from the mountain tops, but the view from the valley is of
my Saviors face.  Don't dread the valleys of your life, instead see them as a special time
of fellowship with your Savior, and for spiritual growth.  There are always growing pains
when growth happens, learn to see it as a positive thing in your spiritual life.

Psalms 23:1 - 3  "The LORD is my shepherd;  I shall not want.  He maketh me to
lie down in green pastures:  He leadeth me beside the still waters.  He restoreth my
soul:  He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for His name's sake."

If you are in a valley of your life today, I encourage you to seek your Saviors face.  Only
He can provide the comfort and strength you need during this valley time in your life.  Let
Him lead you beside the still waters, let Him restore your soul.








No comments:

Post a Comment