Monday, September 8, 2014

Minute Musings...O What A Savior!

I was listening to the Cathedrals this morning, and they were singing one of their signature
songs, "Oh What A Savior."  It got me thinking about my Lord and all He's done and all He
is, not only to me but to all that call upon Him as their Savior.

Luke 1:46 & 47  "And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit
hath rejoiced in God my Savior."

The dictionary definition of magnify is "to make greater."  Are we making God greater?
Is He greater than our plans, our wills, our priorities?  Can those around look at us and
know without a shadow of a doubt that He comes first in our lives?  What about our spirit,
is it rejoicing in God our Savior?  Or have the trials and frustrations of our daily lives
replaced that inner God-given joy with complaint and discontent? 

One way that we can magnify God in our lives is to follow the Lords lead in what He
deemed important.  Luke 2:49b  "Wist ye not that I must be about my Father's
business?"  And what was the Father's business?  1 Timothy 2:1 - 4  "I exhort
therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of
thanks, be made for all men;  For kings, and for all that are in authority:  that
we may lead quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.  For this is good
and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior;  Who will have all men to be saved,
and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.God the Father is in the business
of salvation.  As a child of God, we should be entering into the family business!  Are
we magnifying to the lost around us the greatness of our crucified, buried and risen
Lord and Savior?

How are you doing with the rejoicing?  Are you able to focus on the goodness of the
Lord regardless of the hardships you are facing?  True rejoicing is directed upward.
It's a deep hearted gratitude for what the Lord has done for you.  Psalms 40:2 & 3
"He (God) brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and
set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.  And He hath put a new song
in my mouth, even praise unto our God:  many shall see it, and fear, and shall
trust in the LORD."  Do you see how this verse brings magnifying and rejoicing
together!  When we magnify, praise and give God the glory for the wonderful things
He has done for us, the rejoicing it produces in our lives is a testimony to the lost
around us.  The Fathers business is fulfilled as "many shall see it, and fear, and shall
trust in the LORD."  O What A Savior!

Psalms 40:5  "Many, O LORD my God, are Thy wonderful works which Thou
hast done, and Thy thoughts which are to us-ward:  they cannot be reckoned
up in order unto Thee:  if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than
can be numbered."

O what a Savior, O Hallelujah,
His heart was broken on Calvary;
His hands were nailed scared,
His side was riven;
He gave His life blood for even me.
 
                          Marvin P. Dalton
 



No comments:

Post a Comment