Thursday, September 11, 2014

Minute Musings...The Great Physician

Proverbs 4:23  "Keep thy heart with all diligence:  for out of it are the issues of life."

One of the first things a doctor usually does at a physical check-up is to examine your heart. 
He wants to make sure there are no abnormalities detected.  If a problem is discovered, a
course of action for a treatment plan is decided on right away.  Your heart is probably your
most important organ, without it life would instantly cease.

There are many mentions of the heart in the Bible, most are warnings to keep it protected
from the influence of this evil world and its lures.  The natural mans heart is sinful, we
read in Jeremiah 17:9 & 10  "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately
wicked:  who can know it?  I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to
give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings."  I
have stated before that what is in the heart will come out.  It is evident in your speech
and your actions.  For the unsaved, there is nothing righteous in their hearts, they
desperately need a physician!

Luke 5:31 & 32  "And Jesus said unto them (the scribes and Pharisees) They that
are whole need not a physician:  but they that are sick.  I came not to call the
righteous, but sinners to repentance."  Jesus is the Great Physician.  He not only
diagnoses the heart problem, but He provided the only cure!  His prescription is very
simple and straight forward.  John 10:9  "I am the door:  by ME if any man enter
in he shall be saved, and shall go in and out and find pasture."  And also in John
14:6 we read, "Jesus saith unto him (Thomas) I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by Me."  There is only ONE way to be saved,
and that way is through Jesus Christ and His finished work on the cross of Calvary. 
He is the only one qualified to give you the spiritual heart transplant you need!  Only
He can change your heart and make it over again.

So how is your heart health today?  Have you been to the Great Physician?  He is
never booked up, there is always room!  As diligently as you take care of your physical
heart, take care of your spiritual heart.  Psalms 26:2  "Examine me, O LORD, and
prove me:  try my reins and my heart." 

Jeremiah 17:14  "Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed:  save me, and I shall
be saved:  for Thou art my praise."

I'm Free
 
When I think of what You did for me,
Upon the cross of Calvary,
How You shed Your precious blood on that day.
That these sin-blinded eyes might see,
My soul was freed from penalty,
Thank You Lord for setting me free!
 
When I lay upon my bed at night,
And watch the stars shining bright,
I'm reminded that You're watching o'er me.
You'll guide me with Your mighty hand,
Until I reach the Promised Land,
Thank You Lord for setting me free!
 
When I see You on Your heavenly throne,
And hear You call me Your very own,
I'll bow and worship You there.
For it will be only by Thy grace,
That I see You face to face,
Thank You Lord for setting me free!
 
(chorus)
 
You set me free that day,
When I called upon Your name,
And you made me o'er completely,
I've never been the same.
My heart rejoices in God the Father's only Son,
I'm free, praise the Lord, free at last.
 
                                Cindy Kane

No comments:

Post a Comment