Monday, January 20, 2014

Minute Musings...Duel Citizenship

I am a proud Canadian.  I love my country.  I do not agree with all the laws, but for the
most part I do.  I love the way that Canada supports Israel, God's chosen people.  I love
to see the Canadian flag waving.  I get the chills when I see the flag and hear our anthem
at the Olympics.  I believe that I live in the best place on earth.

However, I am blessed with duel citizenship.  You see, I also am a Christian, I have a
citizenship in Heaven! 

Philippians 3:20  "For our conversation (citizenship) is in heaven:  from whence also
we look for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ:"

This duel citizenship was bestowed on me the day I asked the Lord to forgive me and I
invited Him into my life.  I became a child of the King that day.  Not only am I waiting for
the Lord Jesus to come back and to take me home, but He is busy preparing that home for
me!

John 14:2 & 3  "In my Father's house are many mansions:  if it were not so, I
would have told you.  I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a
place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself:  that where I am,
there ye may be also."

I cheer for the Canadian teams, I'm excited to see them win, see the flag hoisted and hear
the Canadian anthem belted out with enthusiasm.  But how vocal am I for my heavenly
home?  Do I show excitement about sharing with others the gospel?  Do I cheer and help
those who are on the front lines in sharing God's love to the world?  A citizenship not only
carries benefits but it also comes with responsibilities. 

I have a wonderful future awaiting me in the "other" country to which I have citizenship.
How about you?  Do you have your duel citizenship settled and in place? 

No comments:

Post a Comment