Sunday, January 26, 2014

Minute Musings...Live What You Believe!

Some Christians live like God is dead.  I'm not saying that it's abnormal to feel down and to
get discouraged at times, but don't stay there.  We have a great God, Who has blessed us with
tremendous blessings, wonderful promises, and a fantastic future. 

There's the story of a missionary wife years ago, who came down to breakfast one morning
dressed in mourning clothes.  Her husband looked at her and asked who had died.  She relied,
"Well, from the way you are acting, I thought God was dead!"  Do you act like God is dead?
Do you go around each day with a "Woe is me" attitude?  Yes, this world is filled with hard-
ship and problems, I'm not denying that fact, but we have a God who has overcome this
world...don't you deny that fact!

In 1 John 4:4 we read, "Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world."  If you
truly believe this verse, then you will live victoriously in the Lord, even among the problems
that assail you in this world.  I have seen time after time in my own life, situations where I
could not fathom how things could turn out ok, but God had all things under control.  When
we allow God to live through us, then we will have no fear of what surrounds us.

When we live by faith, having a simple child like trust in our Heavenly Father, we will be
able to say like the Apostle Paul did in 2 Timothy 4:17, "Notwithstanding the Lord stood
with me, and strengthened me:"... no matter what comes.

How are you living today?  Do you serve a god who is dead?  Or do you live in the power
and strength of the living God?  If you claim that your God is alive...then live like you
believe!



No comments:

Post a Comment