Saturday, January 18, 2014

Minute Musings...Before We Ask

One of my very best friends just stopped by, she and her kids took my shopping list and
have gone to the grocery store for me.  Hilda, another sweet friend from church stopped
by this morning with a lovely meal for my dinner.  Both of these ladies knew nothing about
the physical condition I was in today...but my God did.

It says in Matthew chapter 6 verse 8, "...for your Father knoweth what things ye have
need of before ye ask Him."  If this is the case, and it is...why do we worry and fret over
things?  I never thought that I was a worrier, but I've noticed these past few years the
tendency to do so increasing.  I think that the more that I'm physically unable to do, the
more I worry about how I'm going to do things.  There's a little chorus that says, "Why
worry when you can pray, trust Jesus, He'll be your stay.  Don't be a doubting Thomas,
trust surely in His promise.  Why worry, worry, worry, worry, when you can pray."

I've seen the Lord provide for me in ways that I never thought possible, so why do I worry
about the future when He's been always faithful in the past?  It's because I take my eyes
off of Him and look at the problems around me. 

God not only used these sweet friends to meet my needs today, He used them to be a
blessing to me.  As a partial shut-in, there are days when the walls just seem to start
closing in around me, and I feel cut off from the world.  When these two ladies breezed
in with their smiles and hugs, they seemed to bring the sunshine with them.  I was in as
much need of that as the other things...and my Lord knew that too.

Look around today and take note of the things that the Lord has blessed you with, you'll
be surprised at the number of things that you've just taken for granted.  Then remember
to thank Him!  Also, open yourself up to be used of the Lord to be a blessing to others,
I guarantee that you'll find yourself being blessed in return!



No comments:

Post a Comment