Friday, January 31, 2014

Minute Musings...Forgotten?

It's normal to sometimes feel like you have been forgotten by others, especially if you are
older, sick or disabled, unable to get out and to see others for periods of time.  But do you
ever feel like you have been forgotten by God?  Do you feel alone in your sickness, that
your problems are consuming you and no one cares?  I have...and I'm sure if you are
totally honest with yourself, everyone of you will have to admit that there have been times
when you felt deserted by all, including God.

The Psalmist experienced times of great oppression, times of fear, loneliness and desertion.
Psalms 42: 5  "Why art thou cast down, O my soul?  And why art thou disquieted in me?"
Psalms 109:22  "For I am poor and needy, and my heart is wounded within me."

There were times when he cried out wondering where God was, Psalms 10:1  Why standest
Thou afar off, O LORD?  Why hidest Thou Thyself in times of trouble?"  

But, at no time did David doubt God.  You see, there is a difference! He knew that his feelings
did not alter who God was!  Psalms 31:1  "In Thee, O LORD, do I put my trust:  Let me
never be ashamed:  deliver me in Thy righteousness."   Your feelings are not to be the measurement for God's faithfulness.  We don't understand God's ways, why things happen,
but never let that take you to a place of doubting God's presence in your life!

David knew that regardless of his "feelings," his trust must be in the Lord.  Remember that the
Lord is not blind to our feelings.  He's walked this way before.  He knows what it is like to
suffer betrayal, hunger, weariness, pain and sorrow.  What are you trusting in today...your
feelings, or the Lord God Almighty?  One will take you to the pit of despair, the other to the
place of spiritual victory.


No comments:

Post a Comment