Friday, January 17, 2014

Minute Musings...Shattered Glass

Ever try to do too many things at one time and then end up just making more work for
yourself?  Last night I thought I would be smart and grab some things from the front
room that I had decided I didn't want to pack and move with me.  Already with an armful,
I figured that I could carry one more thing, then stood in dismay when it fell to the floor
shattering in what seemed like a million pieces.  I stood pondering my dilemma.  I have
diabetic neuropathy in my feet, meaning that I have no feeling in them.  The glass had
shattered all across the room, including the doorway.  I stood barefoot amongst the broken
glass longing for my broom which was in the front hall closet!  I did eventually find something
that I used to push the glass out of my way;  however this incident made me think about my
life.

How often do we make plans, organize our lives, only to watch them all shatter before us
like the glass that had blanketed my floor last night.  It made me realize once again that we
are not in control.  We like to think we are, even feel some pride perhaps in our well laid out
plans. But the reality is that we don't control what happens to us.  However we can rest in
peace and contentment knowing that the One that gave us life, does control it.

Psalms 31:15a  "My times are in Thy hand:"

I am so thankful that I have a God that I can trust to direct and order my life.  He knows
what is best for me.  Some of the hardest things that I've gone through have provided the
most valuable lessons in my life.  Would I have chosen those trials and heartaches...no! 
Many times I have stood and watched my life shatter around me, not able to do anything
to prevent the catastrophe.  Looking back I can see how my wonderful Lord directed in it
all, and I am thankful for the lessons and growth those "shattered glass" experiences have
taught me.  My loving Heavenly Father knows what is most needful in my life.  Even the
shattered pieces become priceless when God's in control.

Job 12:10  "In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all
mankind."



No comments:

Post a Comment