Thursday, January 23, 2014

Minute Musings...The Golden Years

The graying (and thinning) hair, stiff joints, wrinkles, failing sight, loss of hearing, arthritis.
Does any of this sound familiar?  As one grows into the winter season of life, unfortunately
all these things become part of our lives.  Some also have to deal with worsening health, loss
of income due to retirement, and the very hard to handle...empty nest.  Some seem to be able
to sail into the "golden years" with little to slow them down, while others limp through it,
silently wishing for those long ago days of youth when everything seemed bright with
promise.  Aging can be a depressing experience for many, especially for those dealing with
worsening health issues.  But there is one unchangeable thing...God's love for us!

Jeremiah 31:3  "...Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love:  therefore with
lovingkindness have I drawn thee."

Children love the chorus "Jesus Loves Me."  Somewhere along the line I came across
the "adult" version of this chorus.  I don't know who wrote it, but I'd like to share it with
you.

Though my steps are oh, so slow,
With my hand in His I'll go.
On through life, let come what may,
He'll be there to lead the way.
 
When the nights are dark and long,
In my heart He puts a song,
Telling me in words so clear,
"Have no fear, for I am near."
 
When my work on earth is done,
And life's victories have been won.
He will take me home above,
Where I'll fully know His love.
 
I love Jesus, does He know?
Have I ever told Him so?
Jesus loves to hear me say,
That I love Him every day.
 
CHORUS
 
Yes, Jesus love me...
Yes, Jesus loves me...
Yes, Jesus loves me...
The Bible tells me so.
 
Is old age starting to creep up on you?  Are you beginning to perhaps dread what the
coming years will bring?  Take heart today in this wonderful truth...even though there
are things that we will have to come to terms with losing as we age, we will never lose
the love of God!  His love will some day carry us into His loving arms in our eternal
home...that will truly be our "golden years."

No comments:

Post a Comment