Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Minute Musings...Waiting

Do you ever just sit by the phone, waiting for a loved one to call.  If you're like me and you
have children that live away from home, you long for a phone call.  You don't have anything
in particular that you want to tell them, you just want to hear their voice, to spend a few
minutes in conversation with them.  After getting off the phone with my children, the day
always seems a little brighter.  I just want to hear their voice.

Our Heavenly Father just wants to hear our voice!  He waits daily for us to stop and have a conversation with Him!  It's hard sometimes for me to comprehend how the sovereign God
of the universe would want to spend time with me...but He does, He loves me!  He wants to
hear from me that I love Him.  He wants to hear about my day, my good news and my problems.
He wants to know from my lips that I need Him, miss Him and that I can't wait to see Him.
When I hear these things from my children, it fills me with delight...they confide and trust
me.

Proverbs 15:8b  "But the prayer of the upright is His delight."

God delights in our prayers, our conversations with Him!  Do you delight in your prayers?
Is fellowshipping with your Heavenly Father top on your list of "must do's" each day?  As
an earthly parent it pains me when I don't hear from my precious children.  Do you realize
that the same can be said about God!  He created us out of intense love for fellowship with
Him. 

Can you with all honesty repeat the words of the Psalmist in Psalms 5:3, "My voice shalt
Thou hear in the morning, O LORD:  in the morning, will I direct my prayer unto
Thee, and will look up."  Your Father is waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment