Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Minute Musings...A Listening Ear

Do you ever say "No" to your children?  They come to you with a request that you know
just would not be beneficial to them, in fact it could be down right dangerous to their health.
All they can see is what they perceive to be advantages to their request.  Sometimes, while
explaining the reason why their request is being denied, they understand, sometimes they
don't. 

Psalms 66:20  "Blessed by God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor His mercy
from me." 

I wonder if our Heavenly Father ever becomes frustrated with us.  There are times that we
ask Him for the same things over and over again.  Just as with our children, the response of
"No" is a valid answer!  And, just as our children, we sometimes argue the point with God.
We read in the previous two verses the following, "If I regard iniquity in my heart, the
Lord will not hear me.  But verily God hath heard me;  He hath attended to the voice
of my prayer."  If there is known sin in our lives and we refuse to repent of it, then God
will not hear.  This doesn't mean that God doesn't know that we are praying.  Liken it to
our children not taking into account that they have disobeyed us and that they need to make
amends before requesting something else from us.  We still love them, we hear them, but we
refuse to listen until the past disobedience is dealt with. 

However I want to look at the last verse, "He hath attended to the voice of my prayer."
Are you really taking in what this sentence is saying?  "He," the Lord God Almighty, the
Ancient of Days, the Alpha and Omega, the Lord of Lords and King of Kings...He listened
to me!  Why do I deserve to have the ear of the God of the Universe?  Because He loves
me!  He loves you!  What an amazing statement to be able to make. 

Every other "religion" in this old world have dead gods.  These gods are prayed to, but
they are not able to hear.  They are incapable of doing anything for those that sadly turn
to them in need.  My God is alive, my God hears, my God loves, my God answers!  Psalms
77:1  "I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice;  and He gave ear
unto me."

We can go to God at anytime.  There is a little Sunday School chorus that goes like this:
 Whisper a prayer in the morning,
Whisper a prayer at noon,
Whisper a prayer in the evening,
To keep my heart in tune.
 
God answers prayer in the morning,
God answers prayer at noon,
God answers prayer in the evening,
So keep my heart in tune.
 
Don't ever think that God is not listening when you receive a "No" from Him.  Be mature
enough to realize that He can see what you can't.  What you were asking for is either not
good for you, or it is not the right time.  God will answer in love, having your best interest
in mind. 
 
Psalms 116:1 & 2  "I love the LORD, because He hath heard my voice and my
supplications.  Because He hath inclined His ear unto me, therefore will I call
upon Him as long as I live."

No comments:

Post a Comment