Thursday, November 27, 2014

Minute Musings...In My Heart There Rings A Melody!

Have you ever met that special child of God who is always humming or singing to
themselves.  They have an inner peace and joy that cannot be contained;  the pressure
of gratitude to their beloved Heavenly Father for all that He has bestowed upon them,
causes that praise in their hearts to bubble over.  This should be the hallmark of every
believer, but unfortunately for many the cares and burdens of this weary life dull that
praise.  They walk around with their faces dragging, proclaiming to all, just by their
outward appearance, that it is a waste of time to trust in the Father's love and care...
they have nothing to sing about!

We are instructed by the Apostle Paul in Ephesians 5:19 & 20, "Speaking to yourselves
in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart
to the Lord;  Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the
name of our Lord Jesus Christ."  These verses are not a suggestion as to how to pass
our time;  this is specific instruction on how to live.  It tells us in Psalms 116 verse 17,
"I will offer to Thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of
the LORD."  When we have a thankful heart for what the LORD has done for us, He
is pleased with our worship.

You might be arguing right now, that there are days when you are down, when it seems
impossible to find anything to thank God for!  I'm going to tell you right now that you are
wrong!  When we have new life in Christ, there is always something to be thankful for. 
When we focus on the Lord and who He is, we already have a long list of thank worthy
things. 

His love, protection, care, faithfulness, righteous judgements, promises, mercy, grace,
salvation, majesty, power, comfort, peace.  He is our hope, rock, defender, refuge, leader,
hiding place, helper.  He is the Great I Am, the King of Glory, the only True God, Lord of
all the earth, our Maker, the Everlasting God, the Potter, Great Shepherd, Author of our
salvation, Alpha and Omega, Ancient of days, Bread of life, our Bridegroom, the Corner
stone, the Spring of Living Water, our Redeemer, the Great High Priest, our Mediator,
the Holy One of God, the Hope of Israel, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Lamb of God,
Light of the world, Lord of the Harvest, the Morning Star, our Peace, our foundation,
the Word of Life, our friend.  There are many more titles of our wonderful Savior, many
more things that we can be thankful and praise Him for. 

What is the song that is ringing in your heart today?  Is it a song burdened down with
the drudgery of this life?  Or is it a melody of sacrifice to our wonderful God?  I want to
encourage you today to stop looking at yourself, your problems, and start gazing upon
your precious Lord.  With our eyes properly focused, it won't be long until a song of
thanksgiving begins to bubble up in your heart, and find its way to your lips!

Psalms 118: 28 & 29  "Thou art my God, and I will praise Thee;  Thou art my
God, I will exalt Thee.  O give thanks unto the LORD;  for He is good:  for His
mercy endureth for ever." 

In My Heart There Rings A Melody
 
I have a song that Jesus gave me,
It was sent from Heav'n above;
There never was a sweeter melody,
'Tis a melody of love.
 
I love the Christ who died on Calv'ry,
For He washed my sins away;
He put within my heart a melodoy,
And I know it's there to stay.
 
'Twill be my endless theme in glory,
With the angels I will sing;
'Twill be a song with glorious harmony,
When the courts of heaven ring.
 
In my heart there rings a melody,
There rings a melody with heaven's harmony;
In my heart there rings a melody,
There rings a melody of love.
 
                                                   Elton M. Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment