Thursday, November 20, 2014

Minute Musings...How Great Thou Art

There are still many people today that believe that all life on earth, and even the existence
of the earth and galaxies, can be traced back 3.5 billion years ago, to a single celled
micro-organism!  They believe that all the complexities of biochemicals, DNA sequences,
chemistry, and genetics result from this one cell.  There is a reason why evolution is called
a "theory."  Genesis 1:1  "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth." 
Genesis 1:31  "And God saw every thing that He had made, and, behold, it was very
good."  Understand please, that it takes more faith to believe in the absurdity of the unproven
theory of evolution, then it does in Biblical creation.  True science backs up the Bible account
of creation, it does not discredit it.  Almighty God spoke...and it was so!

Jeremiah 32:17  "Ah Lord God!  Behold, Thou hast made the heaven and the earth
by Thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for Thee:"

God's greatness is not only proclaimed in all of creation, but in the heart of a sinner, who
has been saved by His great grace.  Salvation is the greatest miracle of all.  This great and
mighty God, who said in Isaiah 66:1, "The heaven is My throne, and the earth is My
footstool:" loved us enough to give His own Son for our redemption.  What a awesome
God we have, and yet our simple minds cannot fathom His total greatness.  Job 37:5 
"God thundereth marvellously with His voice:  great things doeth He, which we
cannot comprehend." 

Until the day he is thrown into the everlasting lake of fire, Satan will continue to try and
discredit God and His precious Word.  Evolution was just one of the many fiery darts this
wicked one has thrown.  However, God and His Word still stands true.  Isaiah 40:8  "The
grass withereth, the flower fadeth:  but the word of our God shall stand forever."

Look around you today.  Take in the beauty of creation...yes, even the cold and snow!  All
of creation shouts to the greatness of our God!  From the towering Rockies to the pounding
waves of the deep, the raging volcanos to the grassy prairie, thundering waterfalls to the
gently flowing brooks...God is great!  1 Chronicles 29:11  "Thine, O LORD, is the greatness,
and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty:  for all that is in heaven
and in the earth is thine:  thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and Thou art exalted as head
above all."  AMEN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCQbvBbNXaI  Let your heart swell in praise to
our great and mighty God!

How Great Thou Art
 
O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy hands have made:
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.
 
When thru the woods and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,
And hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze.
 
And when I think that God, His Son not sparing,
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in.
That on the cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
 
When Christ shall come with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart!
Then I shall bow in humble adoration,
And there proclaim, my God, how great Thou art!
 
Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee:
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
Then sings my soul, my Savior God to Thee:
How great Thou art, how great Thou art!
 
                                 Stuart K. Hine 

No comments:

Post a Comment