Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Minute Musings...A New Song

What's the song of your heart? 

There is a song in my heart today,
Something I never had;
Jesus has taken my sins away,
O say, but I'm glad!
 
Wonderful, marvelous love He brings,
Into a heart that's sad;
Through darkest tunnels the soul can sing,
O say, but I'm glad!
 
                                            James Patrick Sullivan
 
The Psalmist David said this in Psalms 109:22 "For I am poor and needy, and my
heart is wounded with me."  The sad reality is that we live in a world filled with
wounded hearts.  This life is not easy, it's filled with sorrow, fear, burdens, tribulation,
loss and sin.  It leaves the heart sick and wounded, and in need of the healing balm that
only comes from above.
 
My friend, God knows our foolish and sinful hearts, Psalms 69:5  "O God, Thou
knowest my foolishness:  and my sins are not hid from Thee."  When we repent of
our sin, and turn our wounded hearts over to the loving tender care of the Savior, He
puts a new song in our hearts!  Psalms 40:2 & 3  "He brought me up also out of an
horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my
goings.  And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: 
many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord."
 
Cursing God for what befalls them is the reaction of the unsaved.  The songs of their
hearts do not bring pleasure to the hearer.  The torment of their souls is echoed in the
beating rhythm of their sick sorrowful, wounded hearts.  On the other hand, the believer
who can sing through the trials because their faith is anchored to the Rock of their salvation,
will have a vibrant testimony to those around them. 
 
Are you singing a new song today, the song of the redeemed?  Or are you still mouthing
the words to the songs of the "old man?"  It is so easy to get caught up in the drama of
complaint, bitterness and anger that permeate this old sinful world.  But as children of
God, we have a new song to sing.  It's a song that gives praise to God our Redeemer and
King for all that He has done for us!  He has taken our sin away!  O, say but I'm glad!
 
Psalms 30:4  "Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of His, and give thanks at the
remembrance of His holiness."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79-ewa76OdE
 
Singing I Go
 
The trusting heart to Jesus clings,
Nor any ill forebodes,
But at the cross of Calvary sings,
Praise God for lifted loads!
 
The passing days bring many cares,
"Fear not," I hear Him say,
And when my fears are turned to prayers,
The burdens slip away.
 
He tells me of my Father's love
And never slumbering eye;
My everlasting King above
Will all my needs supply.
 
When to the throne of grace I flee,
I find the promise true,
The mighty arms upholding me
Will bear my burdens too.
 
Singing I go along life's road,
Praising the Lord, praising the Lord;
Singing I go along life's road,
For Jesus has lifted my load.
 
                                             Eliza E. Hewitt

No comments:

Post a Comment