Friday, January 16, 2015

Minute Musings...Assurance

It's human nature to want to be reassured of things, whether it's a relationship or a
purchase, our minds rest easier when we have been reassured of its lasting quality. 
Would you buy a house without the assurance from the inspector that all is as it is
being represented?  We also need to be reassured because we tend to forget.  Just
as our children need constant reassurances of our love and care for them, so we need
the repeated assurances from our Heavenly Father of His love and care for us.

When it comes to the Word of God and the promises made, we have the assurance of
Almighty God that we can trust fully what it tells us!  God cannot lie, so we can rely
on His word.  Titus 1:2  "In hope of eternal life, which God that cannot lie,
promised before the world began;"  We can take what God says as absolute truth!

I've made up just a small list of some things that God has assured us of in His Holy
Word.

His love:  1 John 3:16  "Hereby perceive we the love of God, because He laid down
His life for us:"

His help:  Isaiah 41:13  "For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying
unto thee, Fear not:  I will help thee."

His guidance:  Proverbs 3:5 & 6  "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart:  and
lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and
He shall direct thy paths.

His wisdom:  James 1:5  "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that
giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not;  and it shall be given him."

His peace:  John 14:27  "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you:  not
as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let
it be afraid."

His presence:  Hebrews 13:5b  "I will never leave leave thee, nor forsake thee."

His salvation:  1 John 5:13  "These things have I written unto you that believe
on the name of the Son of God:  that ye may know that ye have eternal life,
and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

His return:  John 14:1 - 3  "Let not your heart be troubled:  ye believe in God,
believe also in Me.  In my Father's house are many mansions:  if it were not so,
I would have told you, I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare
a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto Myself:  that where I
am there ye may be also."

What a wonderful blessing God has given to us through the assurances in His Word! 
We never need be in doubt of His love, help, guidance, wisdom, presence, salvation and
promised return!  We can boldly journey through each day knowing that God is in
complete control of all things.  Are you in need of reassurance today? Take refuge and
delight in the wonderful promises that your Savior has bestowed upon you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePXtov0zC0

Blessed Assurance
 
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit washed in His blood.
 
Perfect submission, perfect delight!
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight!
Angels descending bring from above,
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
 
Perfect submission - all is at rest,
I in my Savior am happy and blest;
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
 
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long;
This is my story, this is my song,
Praising my Savior all the day long.
 
                                                    Fanny J. Crosby

No comments:

Post a Comment