Saturday, January 24, 2015

Minute Musings...It's Just A Moment

Have you ever heard the saying, "This too shall pass?"  I love this because it reminds me
that trials and trouble are just for a moment in time, it will soon pass.  When we are in the
midst of hard times it's very hard to keep this thought upmost in our minds.  The worries
and cares of the day, the ever mounting pressures that seem to be upon us, health concerns,
family and personal problems all blot out the fact that this life is but a vapor and will soon
be past.  James 4:14  "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow.  For what
is your life?  It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth
away." 

The longing of my heart more and more is to have this turbulent journey over, and finally
reach my eternal home.  There is a song based on a poem by an unknown author that's
entitled, "Finally Home."  The powerful words of the chorus go through my mind often.

Just think of stepping on shore and finding it Heaven,
Of taking a hand, and finding it God's,
Of breathing new air and finding it celestial,
Of waking up in Glory and finding it home.
 
What tremendous blessing the child of God has in store for the future!  Not only does
Heaven contain untold beauty and wonders, the reunion with loved ones, the freeing
from this body of sin and decay...but we have a indescribable future forever in the very
presence of our blessed Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.  The One Who's love sent Him to
Calvary for us!  We will spend forever praising and worshiping our glorious King. 
Revelation 22:4 tells us, "And they shall see His face:"  Do you really grasp that wondrous statement! We shall see the face of GOD. 

 We see in Exodus chapter 26 the careful instructions given to the Israelites concerning
the making of the veil to separate the Holy of Holies from the rest of the Tabernacle.  No
one but the High Priest was permitted within that veil, for that was where God dwelt.  In
Exodus 33:20 we find that God hid Moses in the rock while He passed by because, "Thou
canst not see my face:  for there shall no man see me, and live."  However, when we
finally reach home, we SHALL SEE THE FACE OF GOD!
 
Take heart today, what you are going through is just for a moment in time.  It soon
shall be a thing of the pass!  Don't give up...Glory awaits!
 
John 14:3  "And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive
you unto Myself:  that where I am, there ye may be also."
 
Revelation 22:7a  "Behold, I come quickly:"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXkzbakd1PM 
 
Over The Sunset Mountains

Over the sunset mountains,
Someday I'll softly go,
Into the arms of Jesus,
He who has loved me so.

Toiling will all be ended,
Shadows will flee away;
Sorrow will be forgotten,
O what a wonderful day!

Over the sunset mountains,
Heaven awaits for me;
Over the sunset mountains,
Jesus my Savior I'll see.

                           John W. Peterson
 


No comments:

Post a Comment