Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Minute Musings...Remember

Isaiah 46:9  "Remember the former things of old:  for I am God, and there is none
else:  I am God, and there is none like me." 

How good is your memory?  If you are anything like me, it seems to be getting worse with
the passing of each day!  My children always laugh at how what I seem to recall is so much
different than (according to them) really transpired! 

God was constantly having to remind the Children of Israel about the past.  Shortly after
God delivered them from the bondage of the Egyptians we find them lamenting for the
things of Egypt!  Exodus 16:2 & 3  "And the whole congregation of the children of
Israel murmured against Moses and Aaron in the wilderness:  And the children of
Israel said unto them, would to God we had died by the hand of the LORD in the
land of Egypt, when we sat by the flesh pots, and when we did eat bread to the full;
for ye have brought us forth into this wilderness to kill this whole assembly with
hunger."  How quickly they forgot the tremendous miracles of God that set them free
from the slavery, beatings and bondage they had suffered at the hands of the Egyptians!
We find that over and over they complained against Moses and God.  And over and
over God showed His mercy and powerful redeeming hand to them.

How much we resemble the Israelites of old!  We have seen over and over the power
of God in our lives.  We have seen miraculous ways He has provided for us, looked
after us and guided us...yet we forget.  We complain against the Lord our God.  We
fear the path ahead, forgetting the way He has brought us along already.  God tells
us again and again, "Remember the former things of old."  We need to take time
to stop and consider all the great things that God has done for us.  1 Samuel 12:24
"Only fear the LORD, and serve Him in truth with all your heart:  for consider
how great things He hath done for you." 

Will you remember or complain today?  One will bring discontent, while the other
choice will bring you rich blessings.  Take time out of your business to remember
all that the Lord your God has done for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdT5BK-eqVY

Remind Me Dear Lord
 
The things that I love and hold dear to my heart,
Are just borrowed, they're not mine at all.
Jesus only let me use them to brighten my light,
So remind me, remind me dear Lord.
 
Roll back the curtain of memory now and then,
Show me where you brought me from and where I could have been.
Remember I'm human, and humans forget,
So remind me, remind me dear Lord.
 
Nothing good have I done to deserve God's own Son,
I'm not worthy of the scars in His hands.
Yet He chose the road to Calvary to die in my stead,
Why He loved me I can't understand.
 
Roll back the curtain of memory now and then,
Show me where you brought me from and where I could have been.
Remember I'm human and humans forget,
So remind me, remind me dear Lord.
 
                                                        Dottie Rambo



No comments:

Post a Comment