Friday, January 2, 2015

Minute Musings...God's Hand

Life always seems to be a circle of beginning and endings.  We have just put to rest another
year.  For me it was a year of tremendous change.  Saying goodbye to dear friends and
starting a new life in a different place.  It was a year of saying goodbye to special people,
who are now beginning eternity in Glory.  It was a year of health problems, stress and
loss...I am not sorry to see it fade into memory.  But what promise do I have that this year
will be any easier?  The only promise that I see in the Bible is the promise that we do not
have to travel it alone.

Hebrews 13:5b  "I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."  What a wonderful promise
to hold on to.  When life gets uncertain, when the trials start to press down on us, we have
the promise of God that we are not alone.  God also said this in Isaiah 41:10, "Fear thou
not;  for I am with thee:  be not dismayed;  for I am thy God:  I will strengthen thee;
yea, I will help thee;  yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness."
I don't know about you, but I find great comfort in being reminded that God is holding me!
There is not a safer place to be then in God's hand!

No matter what this year has in store for each of us, make sure that you are in God's hand.
Don't try to face the trials, heartaches, fear and uncertainties that will come at you this
year on your own.  God has promised His strength in dealing with these things! 

Isaiah 43:2  "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee;  and through
the rivers, they shall not overflow thee;  when thou walkest through the fire, thou
shalt not be burned;  neither shall the flame kindle upon thee."

As we begin a new year, do it with the Lord.  Hold onto His hand, His promises, and
let Him be your guide, strength, encourager, protector and sustainer in this uncharted
territory.

There Is A Guide
 
There is a Guide, close to my side,
One who can keep me from falling,
He's ever near, calming my fear,
Faithfully guarding the way.
Tend'rest love He shows to me,
Leading where I cannot see,
Sunshine or rain, He will sustain,
Wonderful Guide is Jesus.
 
                                                 Norman J. Clayton

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being obedient to God's Guidance and Thank God for holding on to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your encouraging comment! We have a wonderful God don't we! God bless!

    ReplyDelete