Friday, January 9, 2015

Minute Musings...I Shall Not Be Moved

I love this quote from Corrie ten Boom, "In order to realize the worth of the anchor we
need to feel the stress of the storm."  These 18 words contain a wealth of truth!  We read
this in Hebrews 6:19  "Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and
stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;"  That hope which is within the
veil is referring to the Lord Jesus Christ.  Our wonderful Lord and Savior is the Hope to
which we can cling during the storms of life!

The strength of an anchor is not fully appreciated in the calm of the harbour!  It is only
as the waves of a storm come crashing down on a boat that has left the safety of the
port, that the worth of the anchor is made known. 

Some of you might be wondering...how can I know that I can trust this anchor?  I got to
thinking about the experience of buying a car.  The majority of us do not just go out and
get the first pretty colored car that appeals to us.  The prudent shopper will take the time
to research what other consumers say about a particular vehicle.  The consumer report
is a very important tool in major purchases.  The Word of God is our consumer report
for the trustworthiness of Jesus Christ.  It is filled with testimonials to His faithfulness,
mercy, strength, love and grace.  From Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21, we have the
reports of His mighty deeds and saving grace. 

We also have the compelling testimonies of the saints throughout the ages.  Corrie ten
Boom herself is a monument to the sustaining power of the hand of God in the midst of
tribulation.  Imprisoned in concentration camps, tortured, humiliated and starved, she
held on tight to the "Anchor of her soul" and survived to share her story with the world
of her blessed Savior's unfailing faithfulness in the face of overwhelming adversity.

Psalms 91:1 - 5  "He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide
under the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge, and
my fortress:  my God;  in Him will I trust.  Surely He shall deliver thee from the
snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.  He shall cover thee with
His feathers, and under His wings shalt thou trust:  His truth shall be thy shield
and buckler.  Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night;  nor for the arrow
that flieth by day;"

There is no safer place to be than under the wings of God.  King David saw first
hand the mighty protection, power and faithfulness of Almighty God.  He put his
complete trust in the LORD GOD...and so can we.

Anchor your soul to the ROCK, and you shall not be moved!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRKi2V9h7LY

I Shall Not Be Moved
 
Jesus is my Savior, I shall not be moved,
In His love and favor, I shall not be moved;
Just like a tree that's planted by the waters,
I shall not be moved.
 
In my Christ abiding, I shall not be moved,
In His love I'm hiding, I shall not be moved;
Just like a tree that's planted by the waters,
I shall not be moved.
 
If I trust Him ever, I shall not be moved,
He will fail me never, I shall not be moved;
Just like a tree that's planted by the waters,
I shall not be moved.
 
On His Word I'm feeding, I shall not be moved,
He's the One that's leading, I shall not be moved;
Just like a tree that's planted by the waters,
I shall not be moved.
 
I shall not be, I shall not be moved,
I shall not be, I shall not be moved;
Just like a tree that's planted by the waters,
I shall not be moved.
 
                                     John S. Hurt

No comments:

Post a Comment